Applications Open: 1st of February 2020
Applications Close: 29th of February 2020
Interviews with Successful Applicants: March 2020
Project Dates: August 2020 (Duration of 4 weeks)
Participation in the ReCaP project is limited to students who meet the following criteria.
Applicants are current medical students who:
- have completed at least two years of full-time study towards the completion of a (bachelor’s or first) degree in medicine
- have good working knowledge of the English language
- are available for the provided program dates
- are committed to not only fully engaging in the four week program but also to assisting with the organization of next year’s project
- are able to support themselves financially during the four week program
- have a valid international passport or are able to attain one before the starting date of the project
- have not previously participated in ReCaP
Note: Priority is given to medical students who have entered the clinical phase of their studies. This is however not a requirement and we encourage students of all study levels who meet the stated eligibility criteria to apply for the program.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form found on our website under the section ‘Apply’.
- Please be aware that this is a competitive program. We strongly encourage you to put time and care into filling in the provided application form. Please note that the motivations of the applicant are heavily weighted in the selection process.
- The deadline for submitting an application is February 29, 2020 at 23:59 pm GMT.
- Second round of the selection process will take place throughout March as interviews with chosen applicants.
- Students are selected by the Project Coordinators based on an assessment of each student’s application. Please be aware that we receive many applications each year and that unfortunately we are only able to accept a small, select amount of students into our program.
- All applicants will be notified by email of the Coordinators’ decisions on their application by the end of March 2020.
The Refugee Camp Project welcomes applications from qualified candidates of all nationalities and backgrounds to apply.
For any questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular updates about the admission process can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/recapproject.