**Check out the 2018 Report here**
The Refugee Camp Project
The Palestinian Refugee Camp Project, a four week summer program made possible by the generous donation from International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, brings together medical students from around the world to experience life and healthcare in the West Bank. The first week of the program takes place in the university city of Abu Dis. Students learn about the history and politics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through university guest lectures, private presentations at governmental and non-governmental organizations and a diversity of museum tours. During the three remaining program weeks, in Bethlehem, students participate in medical internships of their choice, at one or multiple clinics or hospitals that serve the refugee camp populations. Throughout the project, participants will have a chance to experience Palestinian culture and hospitality and learn from student perspectives on the conflict. Each year, ReCaP is coordinated by former participants of the project in collaboration with student coordinators in Palestine.
The Aim of ReCaP
ReCaP aims to educate participants about healthcare in the West Bank in the broader context of the occupation. We hope to empower participants to in turn educate others on the truths they have learned and to act as advocates, whilst working together with Palestinian coordinators to continue and expand the ReCaP project for future years.
- Program dates: 3rd – 31st of August, 2019
- Location: The program will take place in the West Bank of Palestine, in the cities of East-Jerusalem (meeting point), Abu Dis (first week) and Bethlehem (3 weeks).
- Program costs: It is likely that accommodation and travel costs within the West Bank will be provided for by IFMSA-Palestine and IPPNW Germany. However in the unlikely event funding is not available participants will be expected to cover the cost of the accommodation and travel within the West Bank. The estimated cost of this is €400. There is no participation fee. Travel costs to and from Palestine are the responsibility of the participant. Please find an indication of living costs in the West Bank in the Full Program Description.
- Eligibility: Medical students who have completed at least two years of full-time study, are eligible to apply to the program. For more details on the eligibility criteria please consult the Admission Information.
- How to apply: Applicants are required to fill in an online application form consisting of short essay questions: Online Application Form.
- Application deadline: April 21st, 2019 at 23:59 pm GMT.
The final application deadline is April 21st, 2019 at 23:59 pm GMT.
We are now receiving applications: Online Application Form.
For any questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular updates about the admission process can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/recapproject.